Crop Hail and Crop Fire
Private Crop Hail policy provides protection against loss to the crop from hail, in ADDITION to the coverage that is provided on your MPCI Policy. This policy can be taken in addition to your MPCI policy additional providing coverage on an acre by acre basis. You are not required to add Crop Hail on all your acres in a county, like MPCI, but instead you can pick the farms/units in which you would like to add the additional protection.
Details on Crop Hail Policies:
- Rates will vary by Company; we will shop the BEST Value for you!
- 2 Hour Binding and Immediate Coverage is available in some counties.
- Wind coverage available on Barley, Canola, Corn, Oats, Rye, Triticale and Wheat.
- Crop Fire can be included with crop hail
- Cash Discounts Available – Varies by Company
- Grain Storage & Transit Covered.
- Coverage can be canceled up to May 1st for Known Freeze Damage
Your Multi-Peril Crop Insurance covers your crop for Fire if it was caused by a natural disaster like lightning.
If your crop burns due to any other cause of fire IT IS NOT COVERED. Crop Fire Insurance is a very inexpensive way to protect your un-harvested crop, and transit losses, against the dangers of fire. You can purchase CROP FIRE Insurance at an inexpensive price per $100 of coverage. Quotes run from $0.16 to $0.25 per $100 of Coverage per acre.
Crop Fire Insurance will go into effect at 12:01 AM on the date following the purchase of the coverage.
Crop Fire will insure you against unavoidable direct loss to the crop(s). For more information give our office a call.